We are looking for superb research-related photos to run as our “At Large” feature in Research|Penn State magazine. As you can see from the two examples here, each photo fills a full two-page spread, is visually compelling, and will be accompanied by a very short description of how the image relates to research being done by a Penn State scientist or student. (We’ll write the description, with help from you.) You can see these images in print on pages 8-9 of our spring and fall 2014 issues, which are available around campus. Give me a call if you can’t find one.
Here are the specs:
• Images must be strong horizontals so one shot can completely fill a two-page spread.
• Images must relate to research being conducted by someone at Penn State.
• Images can be scenics, close-ups, or micrographs. They can be realistic or abstract (a patterned structure, for example), color or black & white. Archival shots will also be considered.
• We do not use portraits. When we use a shot with a person in it, the person is small within the frame.
• Images must be available at high resolution.
Please send your photos to me, Cherie Winner, at email@example.com. Lo-res versions are fine at this stage. If we select your image, we’ll ask for the hi-res version. Deadline for submission is Friday, Jan. 16, 2015. For more information, use the contact form below or call me at 3-4750.